Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Madonna Stars in Harper’s Bazaar US February 2017 Issue


The one and only, Madonna is in the cover story of Harper’s Bazaar‘s US February 2017 issue. amazing photos by fashion photography duo Luigi & Iango. Fabulous hair by the greatest stylist Andy LeCompte, makeup by Aaron Henrikson, and manicurist Naomi Yasuda. Madonna is wearing unique looks from Gucci, Christian Dior, La Perla, Stella McCartney, Alberta Ferretti, and Marc Jacobs among more.

“It touches on a lot of really important topics I’ve always been invested in or championed—fighting for women’s rights, gay rights, civil rights, always fighting for the underdog. I’ve always felt oppressed. I know a lot of people would go, ‘Oh, that’s ridiculous for you to say that. You’re a successful white, wealthy pop star,’ but I’ve had the sh*t kicked out of me for my entire career, and a large part of that is because I’m female and also because I refuse to live a conventional life. I’ve created a very unconventional family. I have lovers who are three decades younger than me. This makes people very uncomfortable. I feel like everything I do makes people feel really uncomfortable. Why does this book appeal to me? Why did I want to adapt it into a screenplay? Because it touches me on so many levels and it deals with so many important topics. Right now, more than ever, it’s an extremely timely story to tell.” – Madonna on her upcoming movie project, Loved, an adaptation of Andrew Sean Greer’s novel The Impossible Lives of Greta Wells.










No comments: