Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Patricia Field and her incredible store

542338_10150815912076734_34231830_n
I’ve always liked to think of myself as Carrie Bradshaw from the Sex and the City television series. I love how the girls from the show dressed, especially Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker). So when I was invited to the Patricia Field store in New York, I couldn’t believe my luck.



As you may be aware, Patricia Field was the costume designer for the show. To have a chance to tour her creations was beyond exciting. Every space in her store is surprising – full of life and colors, with an energy that is out of this world. You really must be there to feel the vibe ;)



From wigs to shoes, Patricia Field has unique and exclusive clothing and accessories. I instantly had my hands full with trinkets, such as several buttons with Sarah Jessica and Patricia’s picture on them, destined for my jean jacket. But I nearly dropped them all when I saw it. Hanging in front of me was the famous Carrie Bradshaw tutu skirt! I was like a kid, jumping and running around for a place to try it on.



But I wasn't there to shop. My real purpose was to cover a Patricia Field event. I simply couldn't help myself. It was one of the most attractive stores I have ever seen.



To top it off, as I was paying for my items, there right next to me was Patricia Fields herself – the woman who created the look of Carrie Bradshaw. A look that’s burned into my mind.



I shook her hand. “Hello,” I said. “I’m Carrie Bradshaw.”



Patricia looked at me and smiled. She was absolutely sweet, although she probably thought I was crazy. But she went with the flow and listened to me tell her about Fashion on Rock. I then showed her my purchases.



Seeing my new tutu, she looked at me approvingly. “Now you can consider yourself Carrie Bradshaw,” she said.
Carrie Dior T

Carrie-carrie-bradshaw-12928069-2250-1500

photo (1)

photo (2)

photo (3)

patriciafield4

photo
Patricia Field store
306 Bowery, New York, NY 10012
(212) 966-4066
www.patriciafield.com

No comments: